When we come together and share our stories, it expands our notion of what is possible. It changes the person telling the story, it changes whoever is listening to the story, and it changes how we understand our own story.
I don't know about you, but when I'm online, I often see snippets of things here and there, or an image may provoke a writing idea. I either have to copy / bookmark the page to come back to it, in order to save it before it's long gone in my browsing history. Recently I discovered Evernote - this is still in its trial phase with me, but is proving to be very useful, especially given that I can sync my devices. Therefore I can save items on my phone, and the same clips will appear on my desktop version. Great! I can jot down notes - they are saved instantly, so you don't even have to worry about having pressed a save button. In addition, I have the extension on Google Chrome which allows me to clip as well as do many other things with items I discover whilst online. As a writer, it can be an invaluable tool, and it also becomes a mobile journal as well. Irrespective the genre you write in, you can organise all your snippets into suitable files for ...
Monday's women's writing group was themed on 'Dreams, Hopes, Visions'. It bought together a wonderful group of women, who each wrote so differently, but with strong themes coming through all the prompts that we used. We can use the prompts in any way we see that serves us in the moment. Sometimes writing from the personal and at others it may be fiction or poetry that emerges. Either way, it produces a rich blend that has once again left a resonance, an echo if you will, of words and sentences that were shared. The theme has not yet been set for our next group meeting on Monday 21 August , but whatever is decided upon, I'm sure that again it will provide depth and insights for all who attend. You are welcome to join us. We meet at Watford Quakers Meeting House, 150 Church Road, Watford WD17 4QB from 09.30 to 12.30. There is a fee of £5.00 which is payable upon arrival.